VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR SCARBOROUGH WALK OF FAME
The Scarborough Walk of Fame (SWOF) Committee under the management of The Scarborough Community Renewal Organization is a not-for-profit, volunteer committee dedicated to honouring individuals who bring pride to the community of Scarborough and serve to inspire tomorrow’s leaders. SWOF creates events every two years celebrating the induction of new stars to the Scarborough Walk of Fame Court at the Scarborough Town Centre. SWOF celebrates the achievements of Scarborough residents, past and present, in the fields of Sports, Arts, Entertainment, Health, Education, and Community. By creating and maintaining a permanent place of tribute at the Scarborough Town Centre, we celebrate and inspire excellence every day.
We are looking for volunteers to help with the 2023 Scarborough Walk of Fame in a variety of different positions.
Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Collecting bios and photos about inductees as requested
- Provide social media support for The Walk of Fame
- Source quotes for items needed for SWOF as required
- Assist in marketing elements of the SWOF including in person at events
- Attend SWOF Celebration Day—duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills with strong attention to details
This position will start in May of 2022 and will be completed in September 2022. Hours will vary from 5-15 monthly. For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com